Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy Birthday, To My Very Best Friend

Why on earth you had to go and move cross country to Marin and become a liberal, I'll never understand. How our friendship has lasted and flourished anyway over the decades is a major miracle. We did so much together. We even learned to cook together. Just remember, you'll always be older and you'll always pay more taxes than me. It's your job.

And I'll always be willing to ditch my car at the Salt Lake City airport and fly out there just to make sure you're eating right and taking care of yourself. Cause you're my bestest and oldest friend. And I sure do love you. Have a great year ahead!

4 comments:

gcotharn said...

Is that you in the photo?
Tot-utante?

Webutante said...

Very funny. BTW, I still have that hilarious photo in my pictures that you posted months ago of a little boy looking into a little girl's underwear....very funny...

Anonymous said...

Thank you for remembering...it's so great that we help each other hold all of those memories. We've known each other longer than anyone except our parents (actually now, my mother). If anyone wants to know, our friendship has survived all these years because we NEVER talk about politics or religion (unless you corner me when I'm putting on my makeup), and we both remember so many fights we have had (starting with you scratching me and me biting you so hard that we drew blood, and had to say on our own side of the hedge for a week)--so we never take a fight very seriously, and know it's bound to happen if we are together for very long. Like my Dad would always say "That's just Pat and Jane." I'm SO glad we are still in each others' lives, and still best friends--and I love you dearly.

Webutante said...

We know each other's worst faults and STILL care deeply about each other. Isn't that amazing?!

Also, I'm glad you linked your fabulous second career---after being a therapist---of photographer par excellence. I never look on a flower close up that I don't think of you and your camera's eye.

This is getting way too mushy...we need a good fight! xxoo.