Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My Two Cents Worth Apres Michigan

What can a measly little blogger from the South say that hasn't already been said?

Except to reiterate it's a horse race and as such much more fun than I remember. John O'Sullivan at NRO agrees,

'There is one clear winner, though: the GOP itself. Contrary to all expectations, the Republican race is exciting. No candidate has proved to be a complete dud. All have shone for their moment in the sun. And so far all have fought tough but fair in a series of good-humored debates. I suspect the voters are beginning to like them.'

and,

'Hillary and Obama drew back from the abyss last night. But they were tense under the courtesies. They looked like a couple who have said unforgivable things to each other but who are staying together for the sake of the voters. A great soap opera is beginning to unroll. Take out your handkerchiefs. Hillary will not be the only weeper in this one.'

My money is still on a Hillary/Richardson ticket for the Dems. I call them chips and guacamole. But I'm not ready to call it for the Republicans. Fred Thompson needs a win in South Carolina badly. So does Huckabee now. Both could be prime VP material in the general.

My computer is giving me trouble and I'm not sure if it's going out again. A favorite geek is coming by to look this morning and get it in shape so I can hopefully take it to the Motherland in a few days and a wee bit of bloggin'.

******

And speaking of guacamole, here's how to make it. So good and good for you!

2 comments:

Bob's Blog said...

I agree that Clinton/Richardson would be formidable.

615_libertarian said...

what if she could bribe obama to run for VP? that would be scary!