Monday, January 21, 2008

Greetings from Inverness, Scotland


ON THE RIVER NESS

Just got to a wireless connection and am catching up after several wonderful days of being away with family, present and soon-to-be. Left Perth this morning after saying goodbye and caught a train north to Inverness. Will post some photos in a while. Meanwhile, this is a lovely and civilized part of the world, even in the midst of winter. I love Scotland. Its people are grounded and very much to my liking. Best of all, there are no crowds or non-stop talk of presidential politics. Time to think, breathe some fresh air, walk and regroup for a few days.

I do know the global stock markets are having a washout at the moment. Tuesday in the U.S. markets should be interesting. May soon be time to do a little buying.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just beautiful Web! Once of my dreams is to visit Scotland and Ireland. I have a heritage from those parts! Enjoy my friend!Oh, and lots of photos please!?!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having fun. You know the River Ness is supposed to be great eel fishing

Webutante said...

Pam, photos to follow. You'd like Scotland, m'dear!

HG, think I'll pass on the eels. Gars are enough strange creature to fish for in one lifetime.....