Saturday, December 12, 2009

Next To Cinderella....

AND THE LITTLE ENGINE THAT COULD, THIS WAS MY FAVORITE story when I was a little girl. My parents must have read it to me hundreds of times until I memorized every word and read it for myself.

Tonight I went with a friend to see The Blind Side--- a wonderful and true story----and this same book was read by the Tuohys in Memphis to their children. Then to their adopted son, Michael Oher. It was one of the highlights for me. BTW, this is book makes a great Christmas gift idea for your child, grandchild or any wide-eyed kid youo might know.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This post was a sweet glimpse into your childhood Web. Being a huge sentimental sap, I can imagine the wonderful, warm memories the book in the movie must have conjured up!I can't wait to see "The Blind Side"!

Webutante said...

Oh Pam, you will love this movie of amazing Grace and kindness. Everyone grows in this movie and I came away liking them all and caring what happens to them.