Saturday, June 21, 2008

Sunday, Remembering the Sixties


TURNING OUR LIVES AROUND

Heard this on the radio in the car and thought it was well worth posting.

Dennis Rice, a former follower of Charles Manson in the sixties and federal prison inmate, tells the story of his profligate days and how he eventually came to Christ. Today he is married with six children and works as a prison evangelist. What a difference a genuine conversion makes.

(Photo above, in the Flint Hills of Kansas which I adore. Never seen them greener or lovelier. The corn crops are all in tact here and growing strong, as far as the eye can see.)

2 comments:

Bob's Blog said...

Where is enemy territory? I am guessing Boulder? I don't know Mt. Sanitas by name.

I am sorry about your ankle. I hope it heals rapidly.

Yesterday I was picking up heavy rocks to put in the garden where our Burnese Mountain puppy chooses to sleep on top of the begonias and geraniums. I picked one up that weighed a lot more than I expected, but no serious injury. We have to take care of ourselves. There is much to be done.

Anonymous said...

Indeed, on all fronts. It is Boulder and we do need to take good care of ourselves, Bob.