Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Heat and Humidity's Got My Goat



Returned to Tennessee a few days ago and have been a bit lethargic (to put it mildly!) ever since. It's always that way when the real 90+ heat with 100% humidity sets in for the first time. After several good weeks on the road with cool weather, I've come back and collapsed, as in dropping the ball on all fronts. I'm moving in slow motion. Will try to get back to more frequent, energized posts soon.

Meanwhile, I finally downloaded some pics languishing in my camera. Posting a pic of HD below gives you some idea of my current state of ennui. Still, Gagdad Bob over at OneCosmos roused me out of my heat prostration today with one of the cleverest, funniest lines of the year: "Let the dead bury the tenured." I'm still chuckling over this and will be for days even though it's sapping my energy, Bob. Please try not to be so damned clever all the time, will you? OKAY, now back to HD and my regularly scheduled dulldom. (Yeah, you can't get much duller than HD and the Holland Tunnel mentioned in the same breath.) A Home Depot located near the entrance to the Holland Tunnel in New Jersey. Drove into Manhattan on a Saturday morning to see my kids several weekends ago, thinking there wouldn't be much traffic. Heh! did I ever call that wrong. After waiting in line for what seemed like hours, I finally started driving down into the tunnel. ( Now that's really exciting.)
Segways in front of the EPA in D.C. Where else? Where but?

That's the same EPA that would one day very soon rule our world. Rule us all through the new Religion of Carbon---carbon emissions, carbon offsets, carbon trading, carbon credits, carbon shaming, carbon awards and carbon myths. Get ready folks, it's coming, cause the EPA knows what's best for us. Forget the dollar, carbon is about to be the new U.S. currency. Oh yes it is.

The goats at the top are on a little farm up in the Hudson Valley, outside Rhinebeck, NY. Thanks, 2E, for another great visit.
From the new Newseum in Washington comes some great quotes. This one from Richard Nixon. Not quite as good as "let the dead bury the tenured," but close.

3 comments:

julie said...

Heh - that Home Depot bears a striking resemblance to my city's new arts center.

"That's the same EPA that would one day very soon rule our world."

So that's what the Pinky and the Brain are up to these days...

Anonymous said...

Fabulous video, Julie, thanks! No telling what'll happen to our little brains when we're forced to mainline EPA emissions about CO2.

Unknown said...

Nice trip for you Web and nice HD!!! You'll be back up to par soon - I know that much about you! *U*