Thursday, March 24, 2011

And A Good (Work)Man Is Hard to Find

FOR THE PAST TWO DAYS, and again today, I've been on a roll and barely looked at the computer. Please don't misunderstand. This rolling, roiling whirlwind of activity is also called spring cleaning/repairs which comes with one of the best carpenter/fix-it men in the city.

This talented, hard-working man can repair and build anything. He does dry wall, carpentry, electrical, painting, plumbing and best of all---he puts up with me, often underfoot and changing my mind. Because he's so in-demand, when he's here on my dime I drop everything to supervise, run errands or just get out of his way. Together we go over a long laundry list of things that need doing. Yesterday he found a 220 plug for the stove that had been mis-wired years ago and should have electrocuted me or someone else. Thank God it was found and now repaired. Still the entire kitchen---my favorite place to blog---was in disarray before it was put back together early last night.

Not to be laborious, but I'm convinced one day good construction men like this who know how to fix and repair anything and car mechanics will inherit the earth---from the robber baron bansters! And a good (work) man is hard to find. As things shape up here in my abode---ahead of my kids and g-kid's visit from Manhattan soon---I consider myself a very fortunate woman indeed.

No comments: