Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Quick Update

GREETINGS FROM MORAN, WYOMING where it's rainy, gray and cold. Word has it that the sun is coming out Thursday! I'll believe it when I see it. It's like a cold November day in Tennessee! The photo above is from last year...here's hoping!

For the next ten days, I will be on and off my blog again. One of my oldest, dearest friends here in Moran---a woman and rancher---an actual native I've been blessed to know from the start of my adventures here since the mid-1980s---lost one of her grown sons this morning to a virulent and fast-growing form a cancer. By the time doctors had diagnosed it three weeks ago, it had already spread over his entire body. My main priority right now is to be here for her and her family who are like family to me.

Also, my Internet connection is slower than molassas. It's the only thing about being on the edge of the wilderness that I regret---connectivity. Still, I will post as I can over the next little while. And thanks as always for coming by.

No comments: