Friday, February 13, 2009

How Low Can Congress Go?

HASTE MAKES WASTE: Since when did we make the cross-over from government serving the people to the people serving the agenda of government?

This quickie without our consent by Congress on the largest spending bill in our country's history is about as low as our country's elected officials have gone---so far. We're being screwed, to put it mildly. They gotta have this "stimulus" NOW or else. It's scandalous. Not only was not one Republican on either conference committee in either house to hash out the details before the final version was concocted, Nancy has made it clear she wants this drunken spending binge passed today, TODAY, I SAY! so she can catch a plane this afternoon to Rome for ten days. And everyone knows, our country revolves around Nancy's travel schedule. A monumental disgrace, and desperate, new low in our country's history. This is a gigantic wake-up call. Like with Madoff, how long can we keep ignoring this out-of-control Congress?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would suggest that Nancy wanted the bill passed today before the country realizes what they're really trying to pass -- their evil liberal agenda that would not have a chance of passing otherwise.

Anonymous said...

It seems unlikely to me that this albatross could have been hung around the country's neck without significant coordinated effort by its authors, including BO, long before the recent election. The overwhelming anger and betrayal I felt initially is subsiding, and I choose to let it go because it's non-productive. Now to figure out what to do about it. Anger usually comes from fear, and I refuse to live in fear of the government, so I think I'll start there.

Webutante said...

Thank you both for your observations. Paula, I couldn't agree with you more. We need to move on and refuse to live in anger and fear. However, since life is a process, it is natural to pass through these phases of emotion. And we all move through them at our own pace. I'm not quite there where you are---I need to indulge myself at lease a few more days.

But not to get stuck in negativity or indignation is of paramount importance. Also for me knowing God is in control, no matter how it may seem, it the most important truth of all that gets me back to equilibrium.