Thursday, February 5, 2009

Eat More...


GREENS!

SUCH FUN TO BE HOME in my own kitchen with my very own pots and pans for a little while. Sure I can cook in other people's kitchens. I do lots and it's fine. But cooking in mine is so much easier. What better to cook on a cold winter day than chard and kale. Puts lead in your pencils and pens! Later today, I'll roast the yellow tomatoes in the oven with herbs, sea salt and olive oil and serve them with the greens, maybe with some good sharp cheese and slice of lime. I'm a great believer in adding vibrant color to to our diets during the colorless days of winter (and rest of the year too). These greeens are so easy.

4 comments:

gcotharn said...

Darn, I Sherlock googled the wrong book the other day.

It's hard to believe, until you've tried them, but Glory Foods Greens(Collard, or Kale, or Mustard, or Mixed, and more) are awesome and easy and fast. I even toss them into the sides of green salads without heating them. Our Texas grocers carry them in orange cans. Here's the website(though they are regularly priced in stores, I don't know what the $39.99 is about). link

Rita Loca said...

You are southern girl, aren't you?

Webutante said...

Rita, yes I am.

Greg, I love the name Glory Foods! Thanks for link....don't think you can get them here though....

Unknown said...

They look delish and you gave me an idea about yellow tomatoes! Thanks! Love your quote about the "lead"! It made me chuckle out loud.

About big O's speech to the echo chamber tonight: What an arrogant jerk! "Nuff said"!