Friday, February 20, 2009

Goodbye, Richard



Tonight I learned that one of my step-brothers has just died. I was at a restaurant with friends. So I got up and went into the ladies room and an old Elvis song was playing. I stood there and wept. Saturday, I'll join family members in grieving and remembering Richard. He almost died several months ago and came back----briefly. He seemed to be doing well and making progress in recovery. But in the end, he was just too far gone and one of his aortic arteries gave way. To be honest, I'm not all that surprised, as some are. The song below has always reminded me of him.



God bless you, man.

4 comments:

gcotharn said...

Condolences. My heart goes out to you.

A friend just lost his 20 year old son. They'll bury him Monday. Pain all around.

Webutante said...

thank you, Greg.

Anonymous said...

My sympathies for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

most appreciated, Paula...God bless.