Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Adding A New Link

From Southeastern Fly specializing in float trips on the Caney Fork River below Center Hill Dam, my favorite river in Middle Tennessee. When the economy and political news get too scary, I'll turn here too lighten up. This big brown, caught last weekend by David Perry, is truly a beauty. Wish I'd been there. They're using big streamers on 8-weight rods with sink tip lines. And they're releasing these big browns back to the river so I and others can come along and catch them again, hopefully, sooner rather than later.

Economic collapse? What economic collapse? What trillion dollar stimulus bill? Nancy who? All I need to know is where my bead-head woolly buggers are?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's a hog! Makes me wanna get up there with my four-weight, put on a #20 zebra and catch its couzin.

Webutante said...

On a four that fish will feel like a tarpon! It has lots of cousins though!

Unknown said...

Hi Web!
I think I need to head to your river to escape for awhile! GEEEZE! The next four years are going to seem so long!

Anonymous said...

Love the fishing stories! That's a lunker there in the picture. I live in south-central Montana--flyfishing heaven, and it's always nice to see good conservative thought broken up with pictures and stories about tight lines.