Monday, October 20, 2008

24 Hours

Tuesday, J. Tamny still doesn't heart Ben.

Instructions for weekend: Click shut down. Walk away. Under NO circumstances. Pack car. No you can't take it--don't ask again. Remember roasted vegs, plums, Cabernet, warm clothes, hiking boots, camera. Forget Hank Paulson, Colin Powell, and that you ever heard of a bailout. Drive to mountains. Enjoy perfect air, blue skies, best friends, hidden retreat, starry night. Count blessings. Sleep like baby. Return safely, wondering Barry, who? Wasn't he a Beach Boy?

Carol put together persimmons, hearts a' bustin and privet berries for indigenous table arrangements.

Apple tarts to die for, made from scratch. Indigenous women born to eat apples....and brownies.....and whipped cream.......and........could someone please get that tacky can of redi-whip off the table? Our mothers would be twirling.

Dogwood berries. Birds-of-a-feather. Where political correctness goes to die, and no word left un-minced. A conservative hen summit of unheralded proportions.

Bill Hobbs says this thing's not over yet.

7 comments:

vanderleun said...

Cozy and rambling. Reminds me of a house I had three lives ago in Litchfield, Connecticut.

Webutante said...

Yes, yes, but did that one come with at least three or four of the world's best cooks?

William said...

Looks like a great place to be. Near the river?

BTW... Bill Hobbs is grasping at straws. Nearly all the major National Polls had Bush ahead. Rueters, Rasmussen, and Gallup ALL had Bush up 1 to 4 points at this time in '04. He was citing an obvious outlier.

Anonymous said...

Early voting began yesterday in my neighborhood, and I decided to go today to select a straight Republican ticket, and then page through the ballot to see if by some strange circumstance there may be a Democrat that does NOT have a Republican opponent. In that case, if he has ANY opponent at all, that's who I'm picking,
regardless of who he is.

I didn't REALLY expect to find any Democrats on the ballot that were not opposed by Republicans, but, in fact, I did; a couple of low-level city councilmen who were only opposed by Libertarians. So, it WAS worthwhile paging through the remainder of the ballot after my Straight Republican Party entry. I doubt that I really knocked those two off, but at least I tried.

A LOT of people early voting here, and I've read the same is happening all over Texas; more that twice as many showing up as expected.

More hopeful than ever that the "Silent Majority" I've mentioned shows up with a vengeance this year. Can only wait and see.

Webutante said...

This place is not near a river, rather on a mountain on the way to Dunlap. Wish it were closer to my favorite spot on the Caney Fork river...

Paul I voted last week and will be a poll watcher on the 4th.....

vanderleun said...

My place had only one of the world's greatest cooks. Me.

Webutante said...

Maybe so....however WE southern womenfolk judge a man by how well he handles himself with a pail of......crooked neck squash......