Sunday, July 3, 2011

With Wings Like Eagles

WONDERFUL COMMENTARY ON WAITING ON THE LORDDECLARATION OF DEBT INDEPENDENCE @ ZERO HEDGE
MOHLER IN WSJ: CHRIST FOLLOWERS AND THE GAY CULTURAL REVOLUTION THOSE WHO WAIT UPON THE LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not grow weary; they shall walk, and not faint.

---Isaiah 40:31

We wait for God by resting in Him. We wait by patiently listening to His instructions and corrections in our everyday lives. We wait for His guidance, not the dictates of our culture. We wait by daily prayer and Bible readings allowing these practices to inform our actions, thinking and character.

I love this Bible verse and have committed it to memory for those many times I'm efforted out and exhausted. For when I've done all I can do with a challenge and lay it down at the foot of the Cross of Christ. God's plans for our lives are always in His ways and timing and when I struggle against that Great Truth, then I'm always bound for frustration. On the other hand, when I wait on the Lord in faith and thanksgiving, I can be content in all my circumstances.

God bless you and our country on this 4th of July weekend. In a little while, I'm off to Grand Junction where I'll be visiting my good friend and her hubby, my bad influence for 4-5 days before going on to Jackson Hole next weekend. Posting will be as I can over next few days.

2 comments:

Bob's Blog said...

"On the other hand, when I wait on the Lord in faith and thanksgiving, I can be content in all my circumstances."

Amen, and thank you! (And, welcome to Colorado!)

Webutante said...

Thanks, good to be here. On my way to Wyoming this weekend.