Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Obama/Cuomo: 2012's Unbeatable, Unstoppable Presidential Ticket

MJ PERRY: ECONOMIC FREEDOM EXTENDS LIFE EXPECTANCY
I HATE IT, HATE IT, HATE IT, cause nothing makes me sadder than what I see coming down the political pike. Economy or not, dollar or not, President Obama is going to be re-elected to a second term and is smart enough to change his running mate from Joe Biden---who's as good as gone---to Andrew Cuomo, newly elected governor of New York. I'll write more about this later, but adding Cuomo to the ticket will cast a wider net of much needed supporters because the vote will be close.

Was having a 4th of July dinner last night at Kristen and Jeff's with her parents. Over Kristen's delicious key lime pie, My Bad Influence, a staunch Republican and fiscal conservative, ruined the whole evening by waxing on and on about how Obama is a shoo-in in 2012. I told him to cease and desist over dinner, but---Oh No!---on and on he went. All I could say is that I sadly agree with everything he said: President Obama will be re-elected, especially with Cuomo as a running mate.

But here's thing: Republicans need to concentrate their efforts on holding the House and re-gaining the Senate. Remember, it's Congress that controls spending. And that's where all the heavy lifting takes place. Winning both Houses will surely keep the checks and balances in place with this dismal president winning a second term.

I hate to see Gov. Rick Perry waste his efforts in 2012. He best wait till 2016 to run.

One other thing: after the 2012 elections, the economy will slide once again into really dark places making 2008 look like a day at the beach in comparison. Like I say, I hate it, hate it, hate it. And hope, hope, hope My Bad Influence and I are wrong. But I don't think we are. Meanwhile, billions of dollars will be spent duking it out and at the end of the day, Obama will win the day and many a key lime pies will be ruined for us conservatives!

UPDATE: STILL THERE'S GOING TO BE SERIOUS COMPETETION

5 comments:

fraydna52@gmail.com said...

I told my DH months ago that Obama would be reelected, and nothing has happened to change my mind, unfortunately.

But hey, we have a great garden this year and laying hens on the way later this summer, so maybe we won't go hungry!

Webutante said...

Could I buy a dozen or so eggs, fraydna?!

gcotharn said...

Happily, you guys are wrong! :) Obama is going down, decisively. Brit Hume, maybe, agrees with me: http://ace.mu.nu/archives/318456.php

Webutante said...

How I want Obama to make a fool out of me and prove me wrong. Great link, Greg. You and Brit could be right....time will tell.

fraydna52 said...

I, too, hope to be wrong. That's some crow I'd gladly eat!

And I'd share some eggs with you anytime, regardless :^)