Monday, May 16, 2011

Last Week, This Week

LAST WEEK was the perfect, low-energy week to be knocked off my computer first by Comcast, then Blogger. I say low energy because there simply weren't any things happening here or abroad that piqued my interest enough to learn more and write about. My enthusiasm was---and still is somewhat---at a low point around the announcements of GOP hopefuls who will or won't be candidates for president next year, especially in the aftermath of Osama bin Laden's dramatic demise May 2.

Newt? Trump? Romney? Huckabee? My eyes glaze over. Paul? I doubt it, I really do. Sarah Palin? She's completely fallen off my radar and frankly too much of a political celebrity to be a viable candidate for anything in the foreseeable future. President Obama is a shoo-in unless something very, very unforeseen happens.

Conservatives should spend time and money getting a majority elected in the Senate and keeping and expanding it it in the House.

But that was last week, and this is now. I plan to come back bright-eyed in the morning and catch back up with myself online. Writing about all that yawning has got me doing it in earnest!

4 comments:

Marie said...

Rick Perry?

Webutante said...

Gosh, I did leave him out, Marie. Thanks. Doubt if he's in the running though. I would certainly vote for him!

Paul_In_Houston said...

Well, it's early days yet.

In 2000, well before George Bush declared, some magazine had his picture on the cover and announced a poll showing him ahead of Al Gore, "and he's not even running!"

So, who can say?
-

Webutante said...

Yep, Paul!