Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Funny Thing Happened On My Way Back to Middle Tennessee

REALLY, I CAN EXPLAIN EVERYTHING ABOUT BEING AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER FOR THREE WHOLE DAYS. You see, just when I thought it was time to come home, a friend kidnapped me right on the Virginia/Tennessee line and forced me---FORCED ME I TELL YOU!---to go fly fishing on the South Holston for two days. Never mind it was cold, rainy, and mostly out-of-Internet range, when it came to a couple days of fishing on one of the most productive rivers in the East, he wouldn't take no for an answer. Some friend.

And so reluctantly.....very reluctantly....I veered my car off I-81 down past the Bristol Speedway--which mercifully wasn't having a big NASCAR race at the time---and headed towards Elizabethtown.

A tough detour, but somebody had to do it!

For the next two days I listened to the delicious sounds of water rushing around my waders. And any day of fishing---even a mediocre one---is better than the alternative.

So now, YES, I'm finally home doing laundry and trying to catch up with myself after two weeks on the road seeing children, grandchildren, friends and even strangers along the way. But I have to say the last few days were great fun too balance off big city hustle and bustle. Whew!

See, wasn't that a good reason to be gone from blogdom for a while?

2 comments:

mRed said...

That is beautiful country near the Tri-State area. We used to visit a friend near Wise, Virginia. With the terrain we had to joke about all the residents have one leg shorter just to stand up straight. Good for you playing hooky!

Webutante said...

I play good hooky, mRed! Thanks for being such a great bad influence on me!!