Saturday, May 7, 2011

At Fort Campbell, Obama Gives Credit Where Credit's Due

VDH: Thoughts On A Surreal Depression
THERE'S NOTHING THAT MAKES ME HAPPIER TODAY than knowing President Obama and VP Biden both flew to Ft. Campbell, Kentucky yesterday to spike the football and give a rousing round of thanks to the soldiers and commandos who took part in the amazing operation that found and put an end to Bin Laden last week in Pakistan.

If it'd been me, I'd have brought a whole plane-load of cigars...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I worked for a lot of these guys [8 Presidents]. And this is one of the most courageous calls, decisions that I think I've ever seen a president make. For all of the concerns that I've just been talking about. The uncertainty of the intelligence. The consequences of it going bad. The risk to the lives of the Americans involved. It was a very gutsy call"

-- Secretary of Defense Robert Gates on Obama's decision to get Bin Laden, 60 Minutes interview