Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday: True Spirituality Verses Hocus Pocus


TRUE SPIRITUALITY IS A GIFT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

DR. MICHAEL YOUSSEF IN ATLANTA IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE PASTORS IN ALL AMERICA. His is truly Spirit-filled, Bible-based preaching and teaching. When I'm in his fair city I hotfoot it on Sunday morning to his early service at Church of The Apostle, just off I-75 near West Paces Ferry. Last May, I heard one of the most important sermons of my life on the various stages of faith at this service.

When I'm not in Atlanta I often listen----and now sometimes watch---- online through my sidebar link OnePlace.com. At OnePlace we can choose various ministries, clicking on the pastor icon of our choice. I usually click on Youssef. Today I'd like to share a recent sermon on real Spirituality verses faux spirituality which never quite gets it. The real thing involes the Holy Spirit, directed by Jesus Christ and nothing else. The false spirituality is directed by various dark phenomena, not of God but of the powers of darkness. They can be intriguing and momentarily fetching. However, it's the Holy Spirit that convicts us and changes us in real and sustained ways.

Dr. Youssef talks on how the Holy Spirit works in believer's lives.

No comments: