Monday, March 15, 2010

Feminist 'Women of the World' Conclude Confab...

WITH TINA BROWN CALLING HERSELF AND ALL HER FEMINIST COHORTS EXTRAORDINARY

I'M SURE WHAT FOR SOME WOULD BE CALLED THE WORLD'S LONGEST WEEKEND meeting of 'women of the world' including all the usual suspects of far left feminism/politics---Meryl, Nora, Valerie, Campbell and Tina herself among many others---undoubtedly ended on a high-note. I'm also sure many of these women have worked very, very hard in their lives and undoubtedly deserve credit where credit is due. Unfortunately, today there's a highly-charged additional element of high-partisan, strident post-feminist politics most of these women imbibe and imbue that rubs a great many Americas the wrong way, including me.I'm a woman who cuts a modest swath through the world from time to time but certainly not extraordinary by any stretch of the imagination---even if Tina Brown told me so. Unfortunately I'm also a woman who believes the likes of Sarah Palin is pretty outstanding and full of decent sense. That very fact mercifully excludes me from ever having to RSVP to any such conferences. My greatest gripe with this whole latter day feminist saint movement is--- as with civil rights--- race and gender have become so over-politicized that they continue to create and perpetuate the very beasts (no pun intended, Tina) they purport to eradicate. Feminism and racism are now used as clubs to intimidate and annihilate anything/anyone that's not in its sphere of political correctness. For the most part, I find the majority of these women silly and unappealing. And that's OK since most of them would likewise find me equally so. Still I hope some good came from this grandiose summit.

No comments: