Sunday, March 7, 2010

Oscar Night: Seven Beautiful Women, Two (Maybe Three) Fabulous Gowns, One Femme Fatale





KNOW WHICH ARE THE GREAT GOWNS? I'll be back later tonight or in the morning to flesh this one out. It's not rocket science. Meanwhile, here are some captions that I would tag under the assorted pics: A) What ever was she thinking? This is not esoteric Manhattan or an Egyptian evening at the Temple of Dundur. Oscar night is for showing your great figure, not draping it. B) Ruffles Have Ridges: The dress that grew and took over the Oscars. C) Demi-flesh and Jen-white take the night as long as Angelina doesn't appear in sultry black. D) Going for pure glam with hair, dress, attitude and glitter. D) Showing off her best assest. E) Great color, lousy cut.

I love it that Sandra Bullock won best actress, however, I did not heart her look as much Cameron's. Sandra looked like she was wearing a glorified bridesmaid gown.

4 comments:

gcotharn said...

Thanks for showing these dresses, and commenting. It's interesting to see Cameron Diaz embracing womanhood. From a distance, it appears she has always thought of herself as the effervescent young at heart crazy fun actress. I wonder if the transition to womanhood will be easy or difficult for her? She looks wonderful in that dress and with that hair and make-up. She also looks like a Houston socialite awaiting a glass of whiskey.

Webutante said...

As ever you've nailed it, Greg. I was shocked by her aura of being at the grown-ups table myself. A friend of mine and fashionista here in Nashville was not as impressed and called it a bit dowdy. While I can see that it wasn't as form fitting as Demi's and J-Lo's, I do think it was beautiful and glamorous and feminine.

I was also struck by the fact that there wasn't a lot of cleavage on display in these dresses. I liked the decency of that and how it was still very feminine.

Greg's Bro said...

It's like a game:

A. What ever ... = Sarah Jessica
B. Ruffles ... = Vera
C. Demi-flesh = Demi
Jen-white = J Lo
D. Pure glam ... = Cameron
D(sic). Showing off ... = Elizabeth
E. Great color ... = Penelope

Webutante said...

Hi Greg's bro. You got it for an A+. Thanks for joining your brother who can comment on women's fashion and women better than anyone I know! Thanks for coming by.