Wednesday, November 5, 2008

McCain Consession, A Class Act

Michelle to conservatives, gird your loins.



"Special inspiration for African Americans in this the greatest nation on earth. "---John McCain

My hope is that Obama's accomplishment will eradicate the lingering victim consciousness in this race of people who are---and have been----equal citizens with all of their fellow Americans for some time. If this election inspires an understanding of the difference between equality of opportunity and equality of outcome then it will have been well worth it. On the other hand, if it inspires a greater sense of victim consciousness, entitlement and arrogance then it will be a shame.

May God bless America. And God bless both the winners and losers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm Bradley Cotharn, the brother of Greg Cotharn from The End Zone. Thanks for this post. You eloquently expressed what I've been feeling about the racial issues surrounding this election. I shared your post with my wife and my assistant, and they were both also duly impressed. (Quote from assistant: "this is go-o-o-o-d")

Webutante said...

Hi Bradley and thank you for your comments. Now that I've finally gotten G-A....I mean GREG's name down I can now go to work on yours.

Red Dakini said...

I thought McCain's speech was tremendous.

I love your blog btw!

Anonymous said...

Anyone else notice McCain shushing his booing audience when McCain mentioned Obama's name?

Throughout his campaign, McCain was in the fetal position. He behaved like a coward, and made Palin do the heavy lifting for him, but true to form, he was quick to correct conservatives when it behooved him.

With conservatives like this, who needs liberals?