Monday, November 17, 2008

Is There Any Reason Hillary Clinton Should Just Say No? Yes!

NEVER HIRE SOMEONE YOU CAN'T FIRE.

It's late. I'm tired and in the throes of a very political process and boundary dispute with developers and homeowners here of heroic proportions, at least for us. It's like a live chess game with every conceivable pawn going in every direction. Yet it's interesting to me from another perspective: I'm a mediator trained to facilitate disputes like this in court, often successfully. But now, I have to apply my skills as a disputant/ advocate for my own side. Where am I as a mediator when I need me most?

Even so, I want to comment on Hillary Clinton's impending acceptance of President-elect Obama's offer to become Secretary of State: She should just say no! It will be a dead-end for her politically, effectively leaving her out of any further running in 2012 and beyond. Maybe in her heart this is what she really wants, but it's news to me. If you're interested in reading another more in-depth opinion that I agree with, then read on. But, bottom-line, this will not be a spring-board for any further political aspirations for her. In fact, I predict the contrary: it will be a graveyard.

1 comment:

Bob's Blog said...

I don't wish to give Hillary any advice. However, I am glad you are polishing your self-advocating skills. It aint easy.