Wednesday, August 15, 2018

View From My Morning Hill Walk

I LOVE, LOVE  TO CLIMB HILLS WHEREVER I AM and on the way to wherever I'm going. After returning from Wyoming---with mountains and hill climbs galore---early this year,  I yearned for new hills to explore. There are no mountains closeby.

Lucky for me,  I've found a wonderful hill on the way to Franklin, TN.  It's at the junction of Hwy. 96 and the entrance to the Natchez Trace Parkway.  The on ramp from 96 is terrific for a quick fast walk up and back.  If I have more time,  I can do it several times and consider it a small mountain.  I especially like walking on pavement with little or no traffic. Saw wild turkeys on the way up.

But,  in this heat and humidity......
...... it's got to be early morning or twilight.  Either way, it's fun and efficient light exercise while we wait for this August heat wave to break.

No comments: