Monday, February 6, 2017

Psalm 31 And Window Rock, Arizona Monday---Capital of the Navajo Nation

WHERE'S THE OURAGE? IT'S THE DOUBLE STANDARD AGAIN--- OBAMA IMPOSED 19 IMMIGRATION RESTRICTIONS  INCLUDING 4 ON MUSLIM COUNTRIES THE DIFFERENCE IS OBAMA DID IT LESS VOCIFEROUSLY.
IT'S BEEN A VERY LONG TIME SINCE I WAS A GUEST IN WINDOW ROCK, ARIZONA, CAPITAL OF THE NAVAJO NATION. Even now, it's like going to a foreign country. It's hauntingly beautiful though quite a culture gap from the world I know. I loved going there for a few hours today on my way to Wickenburg, AZ,  then Tucson.  It was chilly and very windy with spotty snow on the ground,  so when I dropped off the high, cold northern Arizona plateau at Flagstaff,  and down into the lowlands----a 5,000' elevation drop--- the warmer weather and sunshine made it a welcome place to be. I love Arizona at this time of year and with all the recent rain, the desert is green and teeming with life and more life.

I missed my usual Sunday post  this past weekend, so I want to add some Scripture from this morning's readings at OneYearBible blog on my sidebar.  Both are worthy of deep meditation and reflection:

Psalm 31[a

For the director of music. A psalm of David.

In you, Lord, I have taken refuge;
    let me never be put to shame;
    deliver me in your righteousness.
Turn your ear to me,
    come quickly to my rescue;
be my rock of refuge,
    a strong fortress to save me.
Since you are my rock and my fortress,
    for the sake of your name lead and guide me.
Keep me free from the trap that is set for me,
    for you are my refuge.
Into your hands I commit my spirit;
    deliver me, Lord, my faithful God.
I hate those who cling to worthless idols;
    as for me, I trust in the Lord.
I will be glad and rejoice in your love,
    for you saw my affliction
    and knew the anguish of my soul.
You have not given me into the hands of the enemy
    but have set my feet in a spacious place.

Proverbs 8:1-11New International Version (NIV)

Wisdom’s Call

Does not wisdom call out?
    Does not understanding raise her voice?
At the highest point along the way,
    where the paths meet, she takes her stand;
beside the gate leading into the city,
    at the entrance, she cries aloud:
“To you, O people, I call out;
    I raise my voice to all mankind.
You who are simple, gain prudence;
    you who are foolish, set your hearts on it.[a]
Listen, for I have trustworthy things to say;
    I open my lips to speak what is right.
My mouth speaks what is true,
    for my lips detest wickedness.
All the words of my mouth are just;
    none of them is crooked or perverse.
To the discerning all of them are right;
    they are upright to those who have found knowledge.
10 Choose my instruction instead of silver,
    knowledge rather than choice gold,
11 for wisdom is more precious than rubies,
    and nothing you desire can compare with her.

No comments: