Monday, July 28, 2014

Hollyhocks, Rivers and Friends

EVEN THOUGH I KNOW IT'S TIME TO GO BACK TO THE SOUTH SOON,  I feel a true melancholy to be leaving Jackson. Sure the mountains are spectacular and larger than life, and the landscape is like no other. Wildlife is everywhere and often too much everywhere for my taste. Still as a friend affirmed during breakfast this morning, what makes Jackson Hole so special is the people, the people, the people. I think I will always come back, even if for shorter and shorter times to reconnect with the people, many of whom I have decades of history with and others I've known for a shorter time. Still all have impacted my life in the real world in unique and meaningful ways. So many life lessons I've been privileged to learn in this beautiful, wild theater. I thank God for these myriad blessings.

No comments: