Wednesday, September 19, 2012

@ MarksDailyApple: Absolute Best Movements (With Progressions) To Stay Fit

SINCE BEING INTRODUCED TO THE PRIMAL/PALEO LIFESTYLE LAST YEAR, I'm learning so many improved ways to eat, drink and exercise. The amazing thing is it's so simple. Cooking is more basic and delicious. Exercise for key muscle movements can be done inside or outdoors without having to go to the gym and use the weight machines. I can even do a lot of the movements when I'm on the road traveling.

Earlier this year, I included Mark Sissom's blog MarksDailyApple on my sidebar and now checking into this invaluable resource is a part of my daily routine. Some days the featured post is about food and cooking, others it's about healing and exercise. Today Mark posted several videos of the basic primal movements everybody should be able to do or work up to for basic fitness.

Going to link both to the piece and post several of the videos. I love how Mark makes it easy, accessible for all levels of fitness. I'm a big walker and hiker, but constantly need to focus myself on upper body strength even when I don't want to. With MarksDailyApple I've come to the right place. Watch and be encouraged and also go to the post and see much more. Here are a few from Exercise Primally: Move, Life andSprint. Below Mark demonstrates the pushup, squat and plank for all fitness levels: Perhaps the best thing about these routines for me is they can be done outside while walking/hiking on nearby trails. Efficient and great fun. Aren't these terrific videos. In this day of sitting in front of computer screens, what is better than getting out---or staying in---and re-energizing ourselves with these movements?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldnt have said it any better to be honest! keep up the awesome work. You are very talented & I only wish I could write as good as you do :) …

gcotharn said...

Good stuff. I love that this gentleman has a passion for this, and he can use the internet to express his passion and inspire other people. He is loving his fellow man.

Webutante said...

Hey Greg! Yes he is.