Saturday, April 24, 2010

A Small Chair For G-Boy

ONCE UPON A TIME.... I had been innocently walking across the East side when this little chair caught my eye through the window as I passed. It was covered in red fire engines and clumps of trees. It reminded me of a pair of pajamas with fire engines my son had as a boy. I had to go in and take a closer look. It was the cutest little chair I'd ever seen. Made for a little boy, a little G-boy. It was on sale. I bargained, struck a deal, then asked them to hold it a week.
A week later on Saturday morning my son met me at the store, picked up the fire engine chair and gallantly hailed a taxi. Away we went, speeding the chair to its new home to live with G- Boy.
We put the chair near a window while G- Boy was napping. And waited. But we didn't have to wait very long. When naptime was over, G-boy flew out of his room and spied the chair. He stopped looked and listened, then climbed aboard for the first time.And the rest is history for a little G-boy and the chair with fire engines all around.
And the boy and his chair and his parents and baby sister all lived happily ever after......

The end, for now....

4 comments:

mRed said...

A good book and chair is the best of fare.

Well, maybe also some Lincoln Logs to share.

Webutante said...

Books were scattered all over the floor, don't know why I didn't have some in the picture....Lincoln logs....absolutely the best boy--- and even girl--- stuff ever! Thanks for reminding me of Lincoln logs, mRed.

mRed said...

I've given a set to both of my kids and all of my nieces and nephews and the children of friends. They all loved them, but not as much as I, who got on the floor to build with them. With no embarrassment, I still will. What fun!

Webutante said...

May you live long, prosper and always be able to get on the floor to play with Lincoln logs with children, mRed!