Monday, April 19, 2010

The Beautiful Hudson River in Spring: From Manhattan to Rhinebeck

HARD TO BELIEVE ONLY SIX WEEKS AGO, this whole area was covered in feet of snow. Today it's resplendent in the rebirth of green everywhere. This morning after saying goodbye to family, I drove out of Manhattan, over the GW bridge and up the river to Poughkeepsie then on to Rhinebeck to visit my good friend, via Hyde Park where I stopped to take a few photos of FDR's summer home with daffodils. After taking a few things out of the car, we drove north for a late afternoon amble along Poet's Walk on the river. The day was sunny and cool with a brisk wind on all sides. Good conversations were had by all and many laughs too.





It's not the Golden Gate, but in my book it's just as much fun to cross.

4 comments:

fraydna52 said...

Love the Hudson River photos - they remind me of some of my favorite paintings from the artists of the Hudson River School. (I must add this drive to my bucket list.) Thanks for sharing them!

Webutante said...

Spring and fall are lovely times to be here, fraydna. It's not quite as far along as spring in Tennessee which is nice too.

C A said...

Am enjoying your wonderful photos of the Hudson River, Hyde Park and of course, G-Boy in the sand box. SO cute. I remember those days with my son as he learned to share sandbox toys with other little people. Many important lessons learned in the sand

Webutante said...

C, Yes lessons learned in the sand---from the sandbox to the sands of the Middle East! Thanks for your observations.