Saturday, February 27, 2010

Snowstorm Etc.

HAD PLANNED ON BLOGGING THE GREAT NYC/EAST COAST BLIZZARD which began Thursday, picked up steam over night and went on through Friday, however I got bogged down, sick and sidelined with a sinus infection. This is too much information, except to say, when this rarely happens to me---often due to freezing cold weather---I feel too bad to do much of anything but rest. I'll be back Sunday for a post and then hope to be back to my self by Monday. At this point, don't think I can bear to post anymore pics of snow this winter either. I'll be looking to photograph crocus---any crocus will do!

4 comments:

Tregonsee said...

Best for a speedy recovery. You can always come back to sunny, balmy Tennessee for recuperation. ;)

Webutante said...

Thanks, Treg. Just got home last night and already feeling better.

mRed said...

A sinus seems to be a equalizer. I don't know why, but the little boogers (nope, no pun intended) can drop a 10' tall and bulletproof warrior to thier knees.

Differing weather systems seem to be taking a toll on you. Manhattan is an island. The District of Columbia was built on a swamp.

The main creek, source of water (I think) was Tiber Creek in DC (early 1800's). The government took the winding Tiber Creek, straightened it out, made it a canal which became a common sewer and then was paved over by the federal government and called Constitution Avenue.

Good Lord, I love DC.

Nothing changes. Good intent and unintended consequences.

The smell remains today.

Webutante said...

mRed, funny thing, life always throws us curves I suppose to keep us humble. Sinus 'issues' have always been mine....I too love DC, actually more than NYC, but I hope to give the East coast a rest for at least a month and let all this snow and cold weather melt away!

Meanwhile, I actually saw the sun yesterday for a little while!!! What a thrill...