Monday, February 15, 2010

Help! A Funny Thing Happened On My Way to Sunny Arizona This Week---Part 1




CONVERSATION THIS MORNING IN DC
WOULD YOU MIND RUNNING OUT TO GET THE NEWSPAPERS?

ME?

OUI.

YOU THINK I'M GOING OUT THERE FOR THE NEW YORK TIMES AND WASHINGTON POST?

NO?

YES, NO.

OH.

LOOK, I'LL COOK LUNCH, DINNER, WALK TO SAFEWAY FOR GROCERIES. BUT PLEASE DON'T ASK ME TO FETCH THE TIMES OR THE POST OUT IN THAT SNOWFIELD...PLEASE. THAT WOULD BE TOO CRUEL.

OH, OK.

(P.S. On my way to get dressed in my snow clothes and bring those stupid fishwrappers in for my host. He'll be pleasantly surprised. Oh and BTW, my host did not ask me to go out, he's far too much of a gentleman. But I'm going cause I saw he was going into newspaper withdrawal when I arrived a little while ago.)

No comments: