Monday, October 22, 2007

Rain, Rain, Stay A While

I'm about to turn in for the night, but not without feeling and sharing a deep gratitude for the steady rain we've gotten here all day. The forecast is for more rain tonight and on and off for the next few days. Atlanta and lots of the Mid-South is getting it too. Not a minute too soon. No amount is too much at this point.

The sound of rain on a tin roof used to be one of my favorite sounds. Tonight I'm happy with the sounds on my open window sill. Soothing, cooling, neutralizing. Best sleeping weather ever.

Just hope Southern California and the Southwest gets some relief soon. I've lived through several mega fires in the West over the years---including the great Yellowstone fires of 1988 that came within four miles of my evacuated cabin with hundreds of firefighters, helicopters and napalm bombs swarming and going off all over the place---and can only say there are few things as horrific as going through such a hellish event.

***********

**

1 comment:

Unknown said...

One of my most ALL time favorite movies, song, and dancer! Thanks!

We received a substantial amount of rain in the Tampa Bay area also. My lawn is so thankful!