Saturday, June 16, 2012

Notes From the Road, 3

WITH SO MUCH CONTROVERSY FRIDAY OVER THE PRESIDENT'S announcement by executive fiat----illegally by-passing Congress--- regarding his decision to let young illegals stay in the country rather than be deported, I hestitate to write this post.

Let me say at the onset, I am deeply opposed to Obama's continuing end-run around the rule of law and Congress, and his dictator-like orders---Because he says so and needs the votes! His desire to be totalitarian about items on his agenda and then be irritable about reporters asking him questions, as if he's above the law and all accountability is shocking, unacceptable and unconstitutional to me.

All immigrants to the United States need to go through a process to legal citizenship no matter what their age in my opinion. No exceptions. While that process can be tweaked and updated, it should never be abandoned.

Having said that, I'd like to relate a little vignette that happened to me in a little mom-and-pop motel in Russell, Kansas Wednesday night. To me it's a sweet and touching story.

Will be back to tell it later today. Thanks for coming by.

No comments: