Thursday, August 11, 2011

The 2012 Presidential Race Just Got Much More Fun and Vastly More Interesting

GOING TO A FRIEND'S TONIGHT TO WATCH the presidential debate. No matter who actually wins or loses this one, all bets are off until Gov. Rick Perry officially throws his hat in the Republican race for president. Not only do I think Perry, above with wife Anita, can win the nomination, I also think he can beat Obama---assuming the president runs again---next year.

Of course Mike Huckabee---a southern conservative like Perry---is disgruntled and critical. Makes no difference. Perry will be a formidable candidate and strong contender even though he skips Iowa.

The 2012 presidential race just got a lot, lot more interesting.

2 comments:

Paul_In_Houston said...

Although I am a huge Palin fan, I can easily go with Perry (he's been my governor for going on 12 years now).

Of course, other websites are now being infested with trolls going hydrophobic over the possibility.

They sometimes try to sound sensible by pointing out that (GASP!) he used to be a democrat.

Well, that can be said of a lot of Texas Republicans, who later woke up. See the article by Hilary Hylton that is linked inside my post Who do the Democrats fear most?

Of his official conversion in 1989, Perry simply said,
"I came to my senses."

That should be the motto of Texas Republicans.


BTW, that hydrophobia I mentioned above will come out against any candidate who appears to be a genuine threat to Obama; in that I have absolute faith.
-

Webutante said...

Now, Paul, if the majority of the country comes to its senses, we may have a chance to turn away from the financial and cultural abyss. We can hope and pray.