Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Going Home For the Day

JOHN TAMNY: IF PAUL RYAN IS REAGAN, WE'RE IN TROUBLE.... ZERO HEDGE: $38 BILLION IN CUTS TURN OUT TO BE A MERE $353 MILLION
DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, but as the sap rises, so too the pace of everything seems to speed up. I've been busy on so many fronts this week that I've barely had time to be on the computer. The days ahead with Easter and traveling don't look any better.

Part-time blogging will be the rule for the foreseeable future.

Nevertheless, Wednesday I had the good fortune and perfect excuse to go home where I grew up in the heart of Middle Tennessee, a small, once wealthy, country town which many know as the nursery capital of the world.

Always wonderful getting back to my roots and oldest friends and associations I have in the world. I never miss a reason to return. Spring with dogwoods and redbuds blooming is beautiful beyond description. The occasion for my visit yesterday was to attend the annual shareholders meeting of the community bank of which I'm a stockholder of this closely-held company. It's a highlight because it's the fastest, surest way to reconnect with my conservative political and economic roots. And boy are they conservative.

Plan to be back on a later post to talk about the banking industry from a small-town, conservative America perspective. Right now, I'm dead-dog tired, about to fall into bed. Tomorrow I'm going with a friend to Shiloh National Battlefield outside Chattanooga for the day while the sun shines and before the rain sets back in. Hopefully I'll be back with several more posts then.

No comments: