Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Arranging Fresh Flowers In the District

A TRUMP PRESIDENCY WOULD BE AN ENTERTAINING DISAPPOINTMENT EVEN THOUGH I LOVE DOING LOTS OF OTHER THINGS including writing, blogging, hiking, fly fishing, trading stocks and cooking, I have to admit given my druthers, I'd rather be arranging freshly cut flowers than just about anything else I know. It's extra fun when most of the blossoms are cut from the yard where you're arranging them. Throw in a few extra roses from Costco, tulips from Whole Foods and you have a wonderful spring melange. Washington D.C. is resplendent this time of year, so when I visit and get pressed into flower arranging service before a dinner party, I jump at the chance. Today, I think I did eight---one big centerpiece, and numerous other side ones for different tables all over the house.

Southern belles of my ilk and generation were born and bred to cook, arrange flowers, swill the toilets and do yard work. We love it too. Unfortunately, most career women in the younger generations barely know where the kitchen is. I'm thrilled I have the best of all worlds and like getting my fingernails dirty as well as getting them sparkly clean.

1 comment:

Anjelina said...

Hello all,

These flowers are looking so fresh. A fresh bouquet of flowers is a beautiful way to send your sentiments or to your loves ones. Really, it's a good idea! Thanks a lot....

Fresh Flowers Italy