Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Rebalancing And Chillin'


DEAD DOG TIRED

HEAVEN KNOWS I'VE TRIED TO GET HERE FOR SEVERAL DAYS, to no avail. This is the best I can do, mRed! The short story is I came down with a sinus infection last weekend but kept going full steam ahead anyway. Finally late yesterday after finishing mediating in Teton County Court, I succumbed to complete exhaustion. Today, I've been unable to move, so I've made myself rest and really take it easy. It feels great to slow down, be quiet and let go. I actually have no other choice. Life here in summer can get very intense and I'm intensitied out!

For the next couple of days, I'll be in first gear recharging batteries. Hopefully I'll be back to write and resume a more balanced approach to life. I've made the commitment, now if I can make it happen. There's more, but it'll have to wait. I have no idea what the stock market did today, but I do know round two of Arizona's immigration law is only the beginning of a huge battle for state's rights verses federal meddling.

5 comments:

mRed said...

Recharge, then charge! Get well first.

Webutante said...

Woke up this morning feeling almost like a human being! Thanks mRed, will you be my life coach? I definitely need supervision!

mRed said...

Whew, life coach? Right now I have a few candidates who feel I need a life coach. Especially when they want info at 11:30 at night.

VL said...

I am so sorry about the sinus infection. They certainly make life miserable. Do you irrigate nasally? If not, you need to start. My preference is the kit call NeilMed that is carried at Walgreen's. I do it everyday, sometimes twice a day and if I'm having sinus problems, three to four times a day. I had sinus surgery five years ago to open a clogged cavity and my surgeon told me that if I'd irrigate nasally every day, I would never have another sinus infection again. I do this religiously, no matter where I am in the world, and I have not had a sinus infection since then. The kit comes with little packets of equal parts salt and baking soda. It is the salt that keeps bacteria from growing in the sinuses. The soda makes the water nonirritating. It is very strange the first few times you do it, but if you persevere, it becomes just like brushing your teeth.

Webutante said...

Thank you so much, VL, for such helpful advice....I do use Simply Saline when I start to get sick, but neglected it this time until it had gone too far. There are no Walgreens here but I'll see if I can find one of these kits. I loath using Nedi pots....And thank heavens I'm starting to feel like a human being again....