Friday, July 23, 2010

Life In The Fast/Slow/Plodding Lane

AFTER LIGHTNING STRIKE, GRAND TETON CLIMBER'S BODY RECOVERED
I'M NOT SURE WHICH IT IS. All I know is I feel like I'm on a roller coaster of activity as far as the eye can see. I'm out in the world with people, people and activity, activity, as opposed to winter when I go more quietly inward. There's a reason the days are longer in summer, and shorter in winter with merciful loooong nights sleep for recharging inner batteries.

Getting in higher altitude shape has me going to bed by 8:30 and getting up at the crack of dawn. Less time to write, but hopefully I'll get more in soon,

I met a truly extraordinary man today. The world is filled with interesting, engaging and smart people. Still, interesting people are not always extraordinary.

Only very rarely do I meet a person I think is extraordinary, someone who has endured and overcome great hardships both personally, and also for our country.

Today, I chanced upon such a man. There are no accidents. I will never forget our hour-long conversation at a picnic table here in Wilson, WY. Perhaps after I wear myself out enough I'll get to the computer write about my encounter with this man and some of the things he said to me. He is a patriot and a conservative. He is a self-made man.

Till then, I'm hitting the sack early, then hiking with the heavy hitters in Idaho early in the morning. The weather and company will be wonderful. Have a nice weekend. God bless.

1 comment:

Benjamin said...

I'm from Wilson, Wyoming. Hope you enjoyed our liberal community here in Teton County. :) Come back as often as you can.