Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Link Worth Noting

HERE'S AN INTERVIEW yesterday with eternal optimist capitalist Larry Kudlow, Resisting Obama's War on Capitalism. I'm not sure I agree with all of Larry's optimistic prophecizes, like the DOW back to 10,000 this year (Holy Moses!) but I do appreciate his pointing out for us signs to be grateful for. I am less sanguine at the moment but can certainly be very wrong.

Kudlow rightly sees the drop in energy/gas prices---as well as easy credit as the feds pump liquidity into the system---as effective tax cuts for the American people. I agree. However, Obama's continuing interference in free markets and the US economy threatens to unrail lower prices. The proposed cap and trade before Congress will add so much cost to the price of energy, food and many goods and services over time, that it will have a depressing effect on the economy. And that's just the beginning of how Obama intends to tax us so he can change our society into his vision of big government knows best how to spend our money, how to live our lives. And as the months roll on, it is not going to sit well with most of the people I know.

I'll add more to this list later as I am on my way to be with my little G-boy who is growing like a weed and starting to try to talk to us.

No comments: