Thursday, April 9, 2009

Yet Another Reason to Skip Madame Tussaurds Propaganda Museum Next Time You're Visiting The District

NOT ONE, EVEN ONE, RECENT REPUBLICAN FIRST LADY HAS BEEN "WAXED" THERE

I PERSONALLY FIND WAX museums creepy, on the order of hanging out at funeral homes. However, evidently some people really dig them and like to be voyeurs of time and space in these kind of venues. So if you're thinking of going to Madame Trussards in DC anytime soon and you're a conservative, then think about this: DON'T.

There are no recent Republican first ladies on display, even as Michelle Obama's wax job was just unveiled recently with great fanfare for all the world to see. There's no Nancy Reagan, no Barbara Bush, no Betty Ford. Amazing!

That just creeps me out in more ways than one.

What a nice little place to boycott. I know I'll never go there---either in the flesh or in wax. I've been spared. And you can too. Just say no to the partisan madame and her silly, scary figures.

The Washington Times waxes eloquent with the full story.

Give me the National Portrait Gallery any ole day.

2 comments:

mRed said...

One of my favorite museums is the National Portrait Gallery. We've taken the kids many times and were quite pleasantly surprised when they started asking to go there.

I think it's apropos that Ms Clinton is in the pasty gallery.

Webutante said...

Me too mRed. Of all the places I like to hang out in DC besides along the Potomac out near the boat houses, it's the NPG which still as far as I know, hasn't been ruined by politics---at least yet.