Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Truth and Nothing But

UPDATE: Children who've lost touch with the natural world.

BUDGETING TIME BETWEEN REAL AND VIRTUAL WORLDS

Among many things, after blogging here for almost two years now (first on my now defunct blog---webutante.blogspot.com---and then here at webutante07.blogspot) I've gone from a size 4 to almost a size 8. The operative word here is almost.

I've told friends who've asked me how long I'm going to do this gig, when I hit a size 8, I'll stop blogging, cold turkey, even in the middle of a sentence.

So now I'm almost there and not going a size larger. Even if it means I give up blogging foreve-vah!

The past few weeks, however, I've been fishing and hiking and mostly wearing myself out away from the computer. I'm back down to a size 6.

Nevertheless, all is well, as I stay more in the real world and continue a bit of a blog fast. I'm sleeping well and want to find a new balance for myself. A new balance between the virtual and the manifest worlds, if I continue.

Don't know yet, if I can. But I'll never be happy sitting in front of a computer screen most of the day.

This world is addictive and also fattening.

Only time will tell whether I can sustain a new balance and keep myself in a size 6.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Momma -

Don't go away too long ... you look good with a little junk in your trunk.

Your Daughter

Anonymous said...

Junk? in my trunk? Say what, honey chil?

Bob's Blog said...

I'm with you, Web. I have lost ten pounds since July 7, and would like to lose ten more. I've been walking, walking, walking, and cutting down on eating. Unfortunately, no one likes to eat more than I.

Bob's Blog said...

Garrison Keillor, who you probably know suffers from Bush Derangement Syndrome, said this today in his Tribune Media Services column. "what I really want to see is Wyoming, and every morning I wake up with a strong urge to get in the car and go. Drive away from the rigmarole of business, and find the high range and stand there amazed and gaze at the glittering stars..."

Obviously, I immediately thought of you. Only you are not just standing there. You are hiking it.

Webutante said...

Congratulations! Bob. I admire you greatly. Hope you'll keep it up all year.

I have worn myself out here this summer, but am loving every minute, and I sleep so much better after being outdoors....

So far no sign of Garrison here in the Buffalo Valley in the shadow of Mt. Moran. But I'll be on the lookout....

Anonymous said...

P.S. There's an old remedy out here in the hinterlands for BDS....it's called red pepper spray (bear spray) and it's pretty effective.