Thursday, May 22, 2008

Absurd Move By the U.S. House


I'm not sure whether to give the U.S. House of Representatives the benefit of the doubt by calling them utterly clueless and ignorant of the U.S. energy situation in its call to sue OPEC for high energy prices, or just to think of them as a hopeless bunch of clowns.

If ever there was a more ludicrous headline than this, I haven't seen it. Oh yeah, maybe there's one out there somewhere about a man who wants to marry his pet llama or some such idiocy. But until I see it, this takes the cake!

How do we tell them and ourselves that before we accuse OPEC, we need to take a look at ourselves and, among other things, our domestic energy policies for the past 30 years or so? It's a complex question, and maybe a lot to handle, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

This latest move by the House should embarrass Americans everywhere.

I'm currently in D.C. and may resort to wearing a paper sack over my head for the remainder of the day to protest this kind of lunacy. I wonder if they've ever heard the word projection?

Meanwhile, here are some interesting tips for saving on gas mileage:


I'm not about to follow all of these, especially the one about taking the spare tire out of his car to reduce weight (he must only drive around town, close to home). Still his points are well taken and rather astounding in their alleged effects.

4 comments:

Rita Loca said...

I linked to you today and trust you will accept my offer ;)

Anonymous said...

Sweetie, if you'll run, I'd be willing to do any job you ask me! Hillary can't hold a candle to you in any way.....

Anonymous said...

Perhaps the House of Representatives is being pretty smart in an election year. They probably realize most voters are utterly clueless and ignorant of the true U.S. energy situation. Politicians for centuries have used the boogeyman to deflect attention from their own ineptitude.

Anonymous said...

Good point, John. Hadn't thought of it like that!