Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Recent Note from a Commenter

All bloggers love comments, and the more thoughtful the better. It's what make this blogging gig more fun. I note my commenter asks if I'm getting tired of blogging because I haven't done as much original posting lately. My answer's simple: I've been outside much of the summer, and on the road recently for almost two weeks. I hope to get my groove back as I get settled and the weather begins to crispen up. But for now, I'll use his e-mail as a guest post:

Webutante,

Amidst the gloom and doom domination of many commentators, I want to forward this as an opinion on the economic outlook.

You will recall I have been a cheerleader for the Bush economy, which for whatever reason is largely ignored in the MSM. It is not farfetched to see a world boom, with more of the world being boosted into particpation in the capitalist system. In fact it's bound to happen. We are leaders of the economic world and if pro-growth policies are promoted here the entire world ratches up a notch or two. The danger is always political, and if the left in this country can keep getting acceptance of their idea that only the wealthy have prospered under Bush there's a risk that they can wreck our growth.

We are in transitory times that are hardly understood by many commentators. With shifts in the economic landscape it easy to dwell on the people, industries, areas that are losing ground.

The point is we should be focused on the real upward trend of worldwide prosperity. Think about it, there are Chinese who have scrapped their bikes and bought cars. Only stupid political decisions can derail this movement.

I check your blog fairly regularly and note you are presenting things from other bloggers more often. Are you getting tired? I hope not, I have enjoyed your columns on personal experiences, don't let that go.

It just occurred to me that last year I told you the Republicans would keep the Senate, bear that in mind while mulling my opinions!

***********

Thanks. I shall remember, Paul. But the point is well taken and I definitely agree with most of what you've said. And I'll try to do more original posting as I get this sequel back up and running.

No comments: