Monday, November 19, 2007

Pajamas Media Talks to Fred Thompson in New War on Terror Conversation


This is a must see, in depth conversation with Fred Thompson by Pajamas Media Roger Simon and Bob Owen taped at the Citadel in Charleston, South Carolina last week.

Get a cup of coffee and enjoy the luxury of a real, grown up and timely conversation among well-informed adults on meaty issues in something other than 15 second sound bites. There's no back-stabbing personal attacks. Just people focused on the most pressing issues of the day. What a refreshing idea.

The conversation.

I'll be back later to comment on this interview. But for now, I think it shows Thompson in a very thoughtful and well-informed light. There are no easy answers, but thank God we have good men and women willing to grapple with issues that aren't going away.

I do think Fred needs to get some work done on the bags under his eyes. He's too good a candidate not to tend to this superficiality. Then he needs to cut way, way, way back on the salt and chips in his diet. (I know, I know, but I'm a woman..... and these things do matter in the media driven world we live.... and I want my candidate to have a shot at winning. Those bags make Fred look tired and bedraggled, and that should not be the image he conveys if he really wants the job he's running for.)

Nice job, Roger and Bob.

Calling a spade a spade.

1 comment:

Bob's Blog said...

Solid, very solid. Yes, the bags are very noticeable, and I think yur advice should be followed. Giuliani just seems so much more energetic, but Thompson is very solid, indeed. I would be very comfortable with him as president.