Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sunday, Ever So Briefly

5 LIFE LESSONS TO LEARN SOONER RATHER THAN LATER

LIFE HAS BEEN MORE HECTIC THAN USUAL NOW THAT I'M LIVING IN THE COUNTRY OUTSIDE NASHVILLE FOR NOW. I'm staying at a good friend's home which is surrounded by beautiful, mature  hardwood trees--- most gorgeous oaks I've ever seen---and adorable, adoring cats. Above is one of my best friends who creeps up on the bed with me in the middle-of -the-night, before waking me up at the crack of dawn.

Anyway,  Sunday has mostly gotten away from me this week and I don't have much to post.  Nonetheless,  I'm currently reading a terrific new book on C.S. Lewis called  If I Had Lunch With C.S. Lewis---Exploring  the Ideas of C.S. Lewis on the Meaning of Life, by Alister McGrath.  Think I'll use it for several future Sunday posts, but for now will just take several quotes from chapter headings and call it a day this week.

So, without further ado, here are a couple of Lewis' quotes I find thought-provoking:

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else. ---from Is Theology Poetry?

For every one pupil who needs to be guarded from a weak excess of sensibility there are three who need to be awakened from the slumber of cold vulgarity. The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but to irrigate deserts.---from The Abolition of Man

I may add to this post more on Monday, but first a good night's sleep.  Thanks for coming by.

No comments: