Monday, June 3, 2013

Pardon Me, While I Become My Victorian Grandmother, Or Why I Find Michael Douglas Disgusting

UPDATE:  RUN CATHERINE RUN!

EVEN IF I BELIEVED THIS PATHETIC MAN'S STORY about the reason for his throat cancer, which I don't for one second,  I find his attention grabbing, too-much-information 'admission' to be beyond the pail even for a Hollywood creep seeking more of the limelight.   I'm sure his agent told him this kind of headline grabbing confession would do wonders for his aging career.  Yes, yes,  I know nothing is sacred anymore-- as we all act as if we deserve to know everything, all the time about the most lurid and boring details of a celebrity's life. We are a world of addicted voyeurs.

For me,  it makes me cringe for him,  his poor wife and  family.  What goes on---or doesn't go on---behind closed doors is his business and should stay behind closed doors. In the meantime,  I find his soothsaying to be in poor taste behind belief and desperately booooring.  And again,  I don't believe this for a minute---because his is or has been a life of heavy drinking and smoking----and may have to turn off my computer for the rest of the week so I don't have to look at his desperate-for-attention face.

UPDATE:  Douglas Backpedaling

No comments: