Thursday, March 15, 2012

Cumberland Gap TN, VA, KY

FROM MRED @ INVINCIBLE ARMOR:  HEART SURGEON TELLS REAL CAUSES OF VASCULAR/HEART DISEASE AND INFLAMMATION. I COULDN'T AGREE MORE!

HAD THE BEST OF INTENTIONS HERE THIS WEEK. I'd meant to write about how much I love red meat--- the real kind like grass-fed beef, bison and lean pork chops and tenderloin--how much it agrees with and energizes me, and how silly I think all this hoopla is (except for processed, chemical/salt-ladened lunch meats that nobody should have been eating for the past 30 years) but I got bogged down in sunshine, spring and projects away from the computer---like getting estimates for new roofs on all three of my rental houses that were damaged from the hail storm several weeks ago.

Instead of red meat I was forced to think about shingles, the number of nails necessary to secure one on the roof (4 or 5, definitely not 3!) and other things far removed from red meat or big game hunting in Africa with the Trump boys.

Anyway today the call of the mountains of East Tennessee got the best of me. I just arrived--in between strong rain storms---to join my new-found hiking buddies Friday morning for a trek to Cumberland Gap, weather permitting. The thought of hiking somewhere new and different thrills me no end.

One other thing, I think the worst foods on the planet for us are grains---both processed and unprocessed--- sugar, and simple sugars/carbs of all kinds. That includes bread and pastas. I believe starchy-sugary carbs cause cancer, diabetes, heart disease, clogged arteries and every kind of itis there is. Do yourself a favor and don't believe the conventional wisdom on food and what causes high cholesterol. Instead consider going Paleo with your diet and having more energy and less aches and pains than you ever thought possible. If you don't believe me, test it out in your body and see what happens. Amazing!

Incidentally I just recently linked to Marks Daily Apple on my sidebar. Check out what he, Mark Sissom, has to say about red meat. Over and over he debunks conventional wisdom about food and nutrition.

3 comments:

mRed said...

Just heard this surgeon on TV and thought of your post!

http://www.laleva.org/eng/2012/03/world_renown_heart_surgeon_speaks_out_on_what_really_causes_heart_disease-print.html

Webutante said...

THANK you so much mRed! Great piece which I posted on top of this. So far removed from government and drug companies conventional wisdom.

Bob's Blog said...

I had read this a few weeks ago. It was time to renew my statin. The doctor refused to renew it, saying I had to drive in to his office. I decided to see how I do without the statin.

I eat red meat every day, along with a variety of fruits and veggies. I do like organic cereal (not granolas, which have too much sugar). You influenced me to go with extra virgin olive oil, and I use it exclusively when cooking. I eat fish a couple times a week.