Friday, May 21, 2010

Sunny Saturday


STILL STANDING

AFTER MORE RAIN THIS WEEK AND THUNDERSTORMS forecast for tonight, Saturday promises to be a gorgeous day. I plan to be out on the trail with M at the crack-of-dawn walking 5-8 miles before the humidity and heat set in. Sultry days are the norm from about now on through September.

Have had a busy week and haven't been at my computer as much as usual. Among other things, I've been preparing to go to court early Monday morning to evict renters from a rental property I own and manage. After giving them notice almost two months ago for an egregious violation of our lease agreement, they refuse to leave. Contracts and the rule of law seem don't seem to have sunk in with these people who brought in a menage a trois of pet pit bulls to live with them unbeknownst to me. It leaves me with a gargantuan liability which I'm not willing to shoulder for these people. So it's tough shove from here on. Even if I have to get the sheriff involved. What a fun way to spend money! This is the last thing I want to do, but sometimes we don't get to vote, so hi-ho, hi-ho it's off to court I go. I have a terrific lawyer who's smart and also a great fly fisherman. What more can I ask for---except another benadryl for the worst allergy and hay fever season in history here?

No comments: