Thursday, August 28, 2008

Rumor: Virginia's Rep. Eric Cantor McCain's Running Mate?

UPDATE: Kay H. Bailey is out.

Stephen Green passes on the tip. Rep. Eric Cantor lives in Richmond, Virginia a swing state for this election. A brief vita can be found here.

And here.

My first impression, if it's true, is he's not well known enough----though certainly well qualified----for McCain to pull this off. I'd much rather see Kay Hutchinson Bailey of Texas be his sidekick. Can he stand up to Biden's vociferous demagoguery? Will continue to flesh this out as the day goes on. Cantor is indeed conservative and for sure, there will be method in McCain's madness.



Here Cantor deals brilliantly with an idiotic reporter talking about Israel. Maybe he is cut out for campaigning with McCain. I like him more than Governor Tim Pawlenty.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well bless his heart! I've never heard of him, but liked what I've seen here. I'm off to google him right now. I like his confidence and demeanor.