Saturday, May 15, 2010

Part 1: Nashville Republican Ladies Luncheon Friday, A Proud and Dazzling Event

(Below, l to r: U.S. Rep. Zach Wamp from Chattanooga, Knoxville Mayor/Businessman Bill Haslam, Lt. Governor/Businessman Ron Ramsey from East Tennessee and Tennessee Gov. Emeritus/Statesman Winfield Dunn)
WHAT'S A GIRL TO DO WHO'S HOOKED ON CONSERVATIVE PRINCIPLES AND POLITICS and celebrating her 39th birthday for the severaleth time Friday? Well, I'll tell you what this one did: she pulled herself together, dressed up in her favorite sling-back kitten heels and went to the only place to be in all of Middle Tennessee at the noon hour to hear the three Tennessee Republican gubernatorial candidates talk about some of the dire issues facing our state and country going into the fall elections. It turned out to be a terrific choice that packed a huge political punch!
Syndicated conservative talk show host Phil Valentine, left, chats with Knoxville Mayor Haslam and darling wife Crissy over silent auction items before moderating the lively, truly informative discussion among the three extremely qualified candidates. Tennessee will be fortunate to have any of them as governor. Never was I more proud and grateful to be a Tennessean!
Good friend and newly installed chairman of NRWC Carolyn Amiot chaired the event leaving the crowd wowed by her leadership/management skills and the program she pulled together. C also had a great team of ladies helping on every front.

Zach and son Weston Wamp above. Wamp categorically asserts he will win in November.
I came home with two new birthday 'presents' which I outbid everyone else on: the NOPE t-shirt above which Lt. Gov. Ramsey personally auctioned off, and.......and......and....wait for it.......

......THREE SHOTGUN SHOOTING LESSONS----skeet, trap or sporting clays or a combination of all three by a pro marksman!! Fifty targets and shells including with each lesson! Eat your heart out! Now tell me that wasn't made to order for a Scotch-Irish conservative female on her 39th to the nth birthday.

I'll be back Monday to talk about the issues they/we discussed. But I'll tell you after listening to each man speak, I can honestly say I would be comfortable with any of them. This state will be fortunate indeed to elect any one of the three.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, great event! Do they allow colored people at GOP events?

Webutante said...

Actually the luncheon partner to my right was and is a Black Republican man who left the 'victim plantation' long ago. Like Thomas Sowell and many others he does not believe government owes him any/everything like the professional race baiters try to ensure. I'm sure you remember----though it's convenient to forget---the Republican party is the party of Abraham Lincoln who ended slavery.

Next question.

Webutante said...

anon, if you want to comment further you will have to give yourself a name and me an email address.....meanwhile, I posted a video up on my sidebar in your honor.....it's called why I'm a conservative Republican.....hope you enjoy...

Unknown said...

Love that T-shirt! But mostly love you in those pearls!! (that is the elusive Web seated at the table, isn't it?)

Anon is annoying!

Webutante said...

Hi Pam! No my dear, that is good friend Carolyn and not me in those pearls!